Tuesday, August 2, 2011

In the Garden







We have nice warm days though the evenings and early mornings are still quite chilly.


The garden where we are staying is lovely – full of cactus, in particular!


Mave and Kuno spend their mornings and sometimes afternoons at their respective schools, Maru a Pula and Thornhill, though they arrive only at the morning break, not at the start of the school day at 7. No one seems to mind in the slightest. I am then free (this week) to make appointments and arrangements for our first trip – to Maun and Ghanzi – to meet some of the women chiefs. Very excited!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun!. I am curious to know what the situation is with regards to the dressing code in the Kgotla, especially with Chief Taneka(I think) Does she still insist on the traditional norms of dressing within the kgotla or has she given in to the forces of acculturation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kgosi Banika; I am hoping I will be able to meet with her next week, though she is very far from Gaborone. But that is actually a question that I am asking all of the chiefs that I meet. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete